Here’s a bit about us and why we’re different…
Who is Rideshare Tax?
We’re a group of Melbourne-based CPA Accountants and Registered Tax Agents. Highly qualified – we specialise in rideshare. Based in Melbourne, we serve drivers nationwide.
What makes us an expert in tax for Uber and rideshare drivers?
Well, for starters:
- A team of CPA accountants and registered tax agents, our years of work and our in-depth experience mean that we know just how to reduce your tax
- One of our founders, who is a CPA accountant, has driven for Uber, Didi and Ola.
- We have looked at every possible deduction for you with a fine-tooth comb. We find even more deductions than your traditional garden variety accountant.
- Unlike most accountants that get confused, we know that Uber, Didi, Ola, Shebah and all rideshare drivers must pay GST. Most clients tell us they’ve been tearing out their hair trying to get their previous accountants to understand this.
Rideshare Tax vs the Traditional Accountant.
Check out how different we are – and how that’s really good news for you.
- A face-to-face appointment that cuts into your precious driving time.
- You bring your kept receipts in an overflowing shoebox. If you lose any, you’ll miss out on deductions. Oh no!
- Must wait until Uber makes your Uber Tax Statements available before you can lodge your BAS/tax.
- A payment of $100 – or more – for each BAS.
- Learning about possible deductions at your appointment – you’ll miss out because you didn’t keep a record of it before that.
- You need to keep a manual paper logbook, with manual calculations.
- No appointment necessary. We simply lodge your BAS – with one tap – at your convenience.
- We help you record your income and expenses in the app FOR FREE.
- We’ll give you the option to capture your receipts and save them in the app. Never lose a receipt again – and you can throw those shoeboxes in the recycle bin!
- We download all your Uber income, tolls and fees. Talk about convenience!
- We only charge $49 per BAS. That’s right – just $49.
- Because we give you a list of every possible rideshare deduction you can make, you get the maximum return.
- And how about the digital logbook we’ve built for you? Go paperless and forget your calculator. But there’s more! We also calculate the business-use portion of your car expenses for you.
How do we manage to keep our prices so low?
We designed the Rideshare Tax app with you in mind. Say goodbye to face-to-face meetings, and hello to a massive reduction in time to record your income and expenses. But our app not only saves you time, it saves us time. That’s how we can keep our prices so low.
Who prepares your BAS?
We do, as CPA Accountants and Registered Tax Agents. And we do it all in Australia. No offshoring with us. We keep everything in Australia – including our office and our receptionist.
We check all your BAS and tax returns to the nth degree to make sure you are ATO compliant. Once you lodge your BAS with us, we export your data into Excel and check it thoroughly for discrepancies.
If we have questions, we’ll either call you directly or email you. Then we lodge your BAS to the ATO on your behalf, and Bob’s your uncle. That’s why we’re so affordable.
What if I have any questions?
We’ve set up a Facebook Group called Rideshare Tax – Members only. When you join the group, you can ask any tax-related questions or even questions on how to use the app. There’s a search function where you can search previously-asked questions and see if anyone has already asked the same question.
And feel free to check our FAQ to see if we’ve already answered your questions.
Rideshare Tax. We’re different. And we’re here to make BAS and Tax simple for you.
Drive more. Worry less.